Parish Council Office,
Colerne Old School,
Colerne, SN14 8EL
t: 01225 742207
Clerk: Sharon Whelon
Office open to the Public:
11.30am - 12.30pm
Parish Council meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7.30pm. Old School Charity Meetings and Committee meetings are held as needed before Parish Council meetings. Members of the public are welcome to attend all meetings. Agendas and minutes can be found here.
Welcome to Colerne Parish Council
Colerne is a village and civil parish in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in north Wiltshire. The village is about 3.5 miles (6 km) west of the town of Corsham and 6 miles (10 km) northeast of the city of Bath. It has an elevated and exposed position, 545 feet (166 m) above sea level, and overlooks the Box valley to the south.
The parish includes the hamlets of Eastrip and Thickwood. It is bounded to the west by a stretch of the Fosse Way Roman road, which forms the county boundary with Gloucestershire, and to the east by the Bybrook River. Part of the northern boundary is the Doncombe Brook, a tributary of the Bybrook, and part of the southern boundary is the Lid Brook, another tributary.
Colerne is a parish with a population of about 3000, and has a thriving community with an excellent primary school, medical practices, grocery stores, pubs, village hall, recreation ground and numerous clubs and activities
Click on image and then download PDF to PC or smartphone for interactive PDF
The ’My Wiltshire’ app is a convenient way to report issues.
Wiltshire Council want as many residents as possible to use it to report anything from highways and street scene to fraud and trading standards issues, as well as telling us about changes to your circumstances that affect your benefits.
It's easy to download My Wiltshire onto your smart phone or tablet from your app store and is available on Apple, Android or Windows devices. Click the 'W' link below for more info and instructions. You can also access the system on the Wiltshire Council website with both options available all day every day. If you register you will get replies for your reports and enquiries and will be able to see all of your reporting history since you have been registered.
Download My Wiltshire today and see for yourself how useful and convenient it is.
What can you report?
- Bus shelters
- Car parks
- Council furniture and signs
- Dead animal in the road or verge
- Dog mess
- Footpaths (pavements) and kerbs
- Grass, weeds, hedges shrubs
- Materials on road
- Mud on road
- Needles and syringes
- Oil / debris on the road
- Pedestrian crossing
- Public litter bins
- Public right of way
- Roads, drains and manholes
- Salt bins
- Street lighting
- Street litter and sweeping
- Traffic lights
Reporting issues & problems
Wiltshire Parish Steward Scheme
Here in Wiltshire we are very fortunate to have the services of the Parish Steward Scheme, you may have seen Mark Hawkins Wyatt busy filling potholes, clearing gullies, cleaning signs, and other maintenance jobs around the Parish. Mark works with us for three days a month and among his duties are:
- Hand clearing and cutting of growth from drainage grips and drain gully covers.
- Hand clearing of blocked drainage gullies, culverts, pipes and pits.
- Clearing storm debris from the roads and footways.
- Clearing collision debris, clinical waste etc.
- Pedestrian barriers repairs, preparation and painting.
- Cleaning, re-installation and straightening of small road signs, street nameplates and bollards.
- Installation of small road signs, verge marker posts and supplied street name plates.
- Removal of limited graffiti from road signs, bollards and street nameplates.
- Hand cutting of grass and vegetation in visibility areas.
- Hand treatment of weeds in rural areas.
- Removal of Ragwort and other noxious weeds.
- Clearance of encroaching growth and soils from footways.
- Repair of minor surface defects in roads and on footways.
So when you see him wave or say hello - we are very lucky to have such a diligent and hard working fellow working with us to carry out local minor highways work.